GitHub is growing and looking for a motivated individual that can help support our growing field and inside sales teams! This role is part of a team of specialists that support designated sales regions as well as serve as a backup for all other Field Operations Specialists globally. You will be responsible for removing the administrative (non-client facing) task burden from your supported region in terms of our internal tools and processes (GitHub and 3rd party) and will be continually looking for process improvements that will automate todays manual workflows as well as report any bugs or issues that may crop up during your day to day to the appropriate internal teams.
- Responsible for reducing the administrative tooling/process burden from the sales field; including, but not limited to:
- Quote creation, renewal validation, GitHub issue creation, case submissions, administrative product inquiries, etc.
- Provide support and respond to inquiries from the global Sales team on sales processes, tools and general sales activities
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) for all day to day tooling requests for your supported region
- Ensure the integrity of customer information maintained in systems including Salesforce.com and GitHub
- Contribute to and work with Sales Operations team on special projects including training, documentation, and sales reporting that pertain to your region
- Identify process improvement areas to increase automation and efficiency and define success criteria to resolve requested enhancements
- Act as the "technical champion" in region for the highest impact enhancements and bug fixes that may be causing operational inefficiencies
- 3 Years of experience in a `supporting sales` role
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload, and managing multiple tasks from multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, willingness to explain sales processes, and a desire to offer a white glove experience for sales
- Strong verbal and written communication skills operating "at the speed of sales"
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile environment
- 2-3+ years experience at GitHub in a Sales or Sales Support role
- Interest in being embedded in day to day sales motions in a supporting role
- Experience reporting, tracking, and testing bugs and enhancements in technical tools
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.