Director of Product-led Demand and Operations
We are looking for a Director of Product-led Demand and Operations that will help evolve our demand generation funnel to a product-led learn, try and buy experience for target users. Specifically, you will develop and implement a growth strategy for GitHub’s core products based on leads defined by product usage, or product qualified leads (PQLs). You will work across Growth, Sales, Operations, and Product teams to (1) identify user actions/signals that lead to product conversion, engagement, and expansion, and (2) define and instrument PQLs to trigger automated and sales engagements to help users take these actions.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience with operations, growth marketing, and data analysis. You will be a leader on our Marketing team and have significant experience building revenue-focused programs and operations and leading through influence.
- Own strategy and implementation for PQL growth engine for GitHub’s core products.
- Work across teams and organizations (Growth, Sales, Product, Operations) to build a shared program and vision for PQLs.
- Help understand and identify customer engagement goals that lead to product conversion, engagement, and expansion.
- Develop PQL criteria, and work with Product, Data, and Operations teams to implement PQLs from a data, tooling, and lead flow perspective.
- Align with Sales teams and leadership on PQL scoring and management and best outreach strategy for sales-led PQL follow up.
- Partner with Growth Marketing and Product for on best automated engagement strategy for PQLs best suited for self-serve.
- Launch and optimize ongoing experiments, programs, and pipeline funnel performance.
- Be accountable for key PQL performance indicators that show impact of your experiments and programs.
- Present findings, performance, and prepare strategy recommendations regularly for senior directors and above.
- At least 10 years experience in Marketing Operations, Demand Marketing, Product Management or some combination.
- 3+ years of B2B product-led growth experience.
- A track record of leveraging product usage data to inform demand funnel (e.g. PQL), including deep understanding of how customers use product and best way to follow up with customers based on usage data.
- Demonstrated ability to align with Sales on successful prospect/customer follow up, including lead routing and optimization.
- Understanding of B2B marketing automation and measurement systems. Familiar with Salesforce, Marketo and/or Eloqua, and the marketing and sales funnel.
- A track record of rapidly scaling strategies and experiments that drive revenue in a fast-growing organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions, building highly collaborative cross-functional
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.