The Data Pipelines team at GitHub is looking for engineers to help us in our mission to build scalable and reliable event-driven systems that power GitHub's vast data needs. As a member of this team, you will build out core event logging infrastructure, work with application engineers to develop queueing systems, and work on the infrastructure to store, process and distribute billions of messages per day. If you have a passion for building reliable data infrastructure at scale, we'd love to talk to you.
- Build high-volume event collection, processing and storage systems
- Work with application engineers to build product features that use GitHub's data
- Collaborate with teammates to design data pipelines and APIs, seeking and offering feedback along the way
- Develop foundational data infrastructure, enabling other teams to build data-centric features
- Work across many languages including Go, Java, Ruby and Python
- Share responsibility for the availability and performance of our team's systems
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You've built software using several different programming languages
- You're passionate about software design and have good testing skills
- You have operational experience with data pipelines and distributed systems
- You're able to empathize with a diverse set of engineers
- You have experience with Kafka, Java and the JVM
- You have DevOps experience
Ability to meet GitHub, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft, GitHub’s parent company, Cloud Screen upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.