GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
Our security products team works on tools that make it easy to find, fix and prevent security vulnerabilities, and are deploying them to millions of developers. We want to make security of software as automated as possible so that the community can scale to secure all software.
The role will manage multiple product managers and will involve mentoring and growing the skills of that team. You and your team will work closely with engineering and design to deliver a great project. A key part of this role is partnering with the sales and customer success teams to enable our security products to be used by all GitHub customers, including some of the world’s largest companies.
We expect that you come from a product or technical background and have a deep understanding of how great product experiences are shipped, as well as a passion for developers.
This role can be in any North America time zone and will be permanently remote. Eventually, some travel will be required for team and customer meetings, based on COVID guidelines.
What you will be doing:
- Create and deliver the product vision. You will be responsible for a vision that aligns with customer needs and GitHub’s goals, as well as defining and delivering key results.
- Represent the customer. You will be the champion and voice of customers in every conversation. You will build direct relationships with customers as well as immersing yourself in customer feedback.
- Define the roadmap. Prioritize the roadmap for Actions across our different customers, including open source, teams, and enterprises. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. You will play a critical role creating alignment between Actions, Packages, our compute platform, and the wider GitHub organization. This includes a strong partnership with Sales, Product Marketing, and Customer Success.
- Data driven decision making. Analyze data for trends and potential customer pain points, and use this to prioritize and inform how to improve the product. Go back to the data when needed to answer questions.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your area. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Mentor and grow your team. Help each of your product managers grow their skills and be successful in their areas. This includes frequent feedback and coaching, as well as creating opportunities for growth.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 7+ years of either product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities and define and deliver products.
- You are familiar with CI/CD, automation, and cloud computing - and are excited to become an expert in them
- You have a passion for building products that developers love
- You possess strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of working through complex technical problems.
- You have experience leading products across multiple organizational functions like Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Engineering and Design.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.