GitHub is changing the way the world builds software and we want you to help change the way we build GitHub! We're looking for a senior software engineer to join a passionate, collaborative, distributed group of engineers working on Github’s analytics product and platform: Insights.
Are you an experienced engineer with a strong desire to work on products that help other engineers get the most out of their day? Do you want to help engineering teams develop new capabilities by leveraging their data more effectively? If so, please join us!
- Be a core contributor of code, tests, and application/data/systems architecture on a global team of engineers working across the stack
- Own both customer and developer happiness for your products in production, working with your own and other teams to build operational transparency and resiliency into every layer of deployed applications
- Coordinate with engineering and product leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives
- Work closely with application security teams to close potential abuse vectors before they are introduced into production
- Work closely with Product Management and Design to take ideas from concept to production
- Participate in on-call rotations and respond to incidents as necessary
- Experience building applications in Go, Ruby, Typescript or C#
- Experience with SQL and general database knowledge
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong communication skills. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication!
- Experience with data analytics products
- Experience with RESTful API design and/or GraphQL
- Experience supporting production systems
- Experience working remotely in a distributed company
Please note that this application is for GitHub Engineering and you may have the opportunity to be considered for multiple teams.
Ability to meet GitHub, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft, GitHub’s parent company, Cloud Screen upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.