The Business Systems team at GitHub is looking for a technical leader / architect with passion and experience leading data intensive engineering and analytics teams. You will be responsible for the team designing and launching a new critical, high-impact data access integration platform that enables our BI / analytics teams across all functions including Revenue, Finance, HR, Business Systems, Operations, etc. Now is a great time to join and influence both the architecture and integration strategy. The ideal candidate has experience leading cloud native engineering teams that demonstrate a data intensive, distributed systems focus. If you have a passion for data and GitHub, we'd love to talk to you.
- Provide deep technical understanding, clear playbooks, and standard operating procedures for delivering enterprise BI consistently across federated groups
- Develop an Integration Hub to serve as the middle layer feeding third party systems with data, ensuring data security and privacy are at the forefront of every integration
- Define and articulate philosophy, architecture, technology considerations and roadmaps for implementing Data Management solutions across internal functions
- Partner with product engineering and data teams, functional analytics groups and leadership to develop data operations vision and OKRs
- Promote team growth with modeling, coaching, and genuine care for people
- Assess staffing needs to help shape and grow the Data Operations team to increase its impact and centrally support our internal functions across our corporate data platform, tools, integrations and infrastructure
- Experience leading a team of analysts and engineers
- Relevant data management experience (Enterprise Data Architecture, Data Engineering (or ETL), Master Data Management, Data Catalogs and Lineage, Data Governance and Data Quality, Data Strategy)
- Deep experience designing and deploying end to end data management solutions on a leading technology platform
- Experience managing and growing software engineering teams
- A track record of developing and managing a network of cross functional partnerships across revenue, G&A, engineering and product organizations
- Experience creating clarity with both written and verbal communication
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.