Github is seeking a highly skilled Payroll Manager to join and become a key member of our Global Payroll team. The role will be responsible for overseeing the processing of data for EMEA monthly payrolls across multiple international entities. Total HC of approximately 350 employees.
Position will report to the Director of Global Payroll and take full responsibility for providing expert advice on payroll legislation and driving accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of payroll processing with outsourced payroll providers. This is an operational position that requires a hands-on approach to payroll. You will be expected to work within a clear framework for managing all payroll activities across EMEA while also ensuring that delivery is efficient and accurate. You will have proven experience of managing and administrating the complete cycle for an outsourced payroll solution.
- Managing the relationship with the outsourced payroll providers.
- Work with our third-party payroll providers and internal stakeholders to process and support the monthly payroll for UK and EMEA region.
- Be the primary point of contact for employees who have payroll queries.
- Verify data from HR and third-party systems.
- Support the HR Team with managing Benefit programs, Pensions Schemes, Holiday Pay, and leave of absence.
- Work with payroll provider to provide People Team with best practice in country advice on all payroll related matters.
- Participate in the overall coordination and development of payroll services.
- Ensure General Ledger posting accurately reflects monthly payroll and assists with balance sheet reconciliation queries.
- Identify process improvements to ensure payroll meets its performance requirements in an efficient manner.
- Assist with year-end requests from payroll providers and internal teams.
- 5 -7 Years of end-to-end payroll processing in a high growth environment
- Expertise in international payroll processing including compliance
- Deep controllership / statutory compliance knowledge (tax, labour code, social security, pension, benefits, terminations)
- Experience with international equity awards and ESPP programs
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and works well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with working in a remote environment
- Able to implement and execute the defined payroll strategy and systems
- Strong communication, analytical and statistical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiar with Workday, SAP, Papaya, Zedra software preferred, not required
- Ensure compliance with local legislation, tax and social security laws
- Liaise with key stakeholder for procedural changes
- Maintaining and influencing the relationships with key internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.