GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub.
The GitHub Product Operations team serves each product development team at GitHub with solutions for planning, releasing, and operating at scale. We’re building tools, running projects, and fostering partnerships with customer-facing teams around the world that help our teams deliver value faster and more consistently to millions of developers. We’re behind the GitHub public roadmap, the GitHub changelog, and our channels for product feedback.
We’re looking for an experienced program manager to further develop solutions that help teams manage their product roadmap, go-to-market, release, and customer feedback. You will work with the Product and Engineering teams, plus customer-facing teams in Sales, Services, and Support, to operate key routines and meaningfully improve how we serve our customers. Your job will be to build a tight feedback loop with our partner teams as you deliver routine processes, understand how they could improve, and then to prioritize and execute on that plan.
- Own the solution for your area. You will be responsible for specific areas of product operations. Not only will you take on operational ownership for them but also build the vision and ensure they align with our overall strategy.
- Become an expert on how GitHub builds products and how our customers experience those products. You will also understand the domain, trends, prior art, and the history behind areas of product operations.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. You will play a critical role creating alignment between Product teams, as well as working with the wider GitHub organization. We win or lose as a team.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your area. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- 5+ years of engineering, design, product management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to define and deliver products
- Strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills
- Experience working across organizations with Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Engineering, and Design
- Skill and enthusiasm for translating feedback into actionable priorities and common practices
- Strong organizational skills, both at an individual and team level
- Comfort working in a highly technical domain
- Familiarity with modern software development practices
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex feedback into actionable priorities
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy analyzing complex, messy data to draw out actionable priorities
- Strong technical abilities including experience with developer tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects
- Experience bringing clarity to situations with a high level of ambiguity
- Previous experience working with a software delivery team
- Experience building features for a cloud service/application at scale
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.