As Senior Program Manager in GitHub’s Global Expansion and Partnerships team, you will drive program execution across a portfolio of programs that help drive GitHub’s developer community and commercial growth globally. Your job is to lead the operationalization of key elements of GitHub’s strategy for global expansion and technical partnerships, and in doing so, you will work closely with stakeholders from across the entire company.
- Lead the scoping, planning, and execution of a series of global market entry programs and technical partnerships
- Plan and deliver on product localization in support of GitHub’s global expansion strategy
- Support the development and drive experiments to test market entry into new markets, or the impact of initiatives
- Deliver programs in close collaboration with a wide set of internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Proactively identify, flag, and mitigate program risks
- Experience running market development programs or entering new markets
- 6+ years’ experience working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 6+ years' experience in Technical Program Management or similar settings
- Ability to leverage critical thinking to improve processes and procedures
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments
- Self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach and a desire to prioritize the goals of the team above personal achievement
- Superior analytical skills and particular attention to detail with good business judgment and outstanding presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to leverage strategic vision to inform priorities
- Results-oriented with a strong work ethic to thrive in a high-performance culture. You are also tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- Ability to create a performance- and metrics-focused culture
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.