Do you enjoy using your quantitative and analytical skills to find and solve big problems? Are you passionate about enabling data-based decisions to tackle strategic challenges? We are looking for someone to do just that in the context of GitHub’s biggest asset - our people.
The GitHub HR team is looking for an HR Business Analyst with a vision for strategy, strong customer focus, brilliant consulting capabilities and exceptional analytical skills. In this strategic role, you will enable data-driven decision making across the employee lifecycle. You will advise HR through data-based insights and compelling storytelling to achieve business objectives and people priorities. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of meaningful analytical projects and with peers who are passionate about their work, and eager to engage in brainstorming sessions and other forms of collaboration.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable leading and consulting through ambiguity, presenting and consulting with Senior Leaders, and is a creative problem solver that recognizes opportunities. The candidate will have the ability to think strategically at a global level and be able to effectively problem solve, and project manage across all layers of the organization. All with the highest focus for customer obsession.
- Develop a deep understanding of HR business and their needs for decision making tools using data and insights.
- Drive analytics and reporting strategy for people data.
- Design an analytical approach, and deliver research and findings using data, visualizations, and effective storytelling techniques.
- Develop and maintain substantial analytics to help drive business decisions.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Create and maintain dashboards to support all areas of Human Resources.
- Apply a breadth of tools and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact people related questions and provide insight to decision makers.
- Collaborate with engineer peers in the planning, prioritization, and modernization of reporting solutions focusing on scalable design, visualization, performance, security and storytelling.
- Lead projects ranging from GitHubs survey program to ad-hoc business analysis to driving infrastructure requirements to enable proper data collection, manipulation, and reporting.
- Exhibit excellence in execution by effectively contracting and communicating with customers, partners, and co-workers to define and provide deliverables, timelines, and responsibilities.
- 7+ years of experience in People Analytics, utilizing data to drive people insights and solutions across hiring, development, and retention.
- Strong understanding of the importance of data integrity and reliability, testing of system changes, and report writing.
- Ability to translate business questions/needs into appropriate analytical problems, do high-quality analysis, and turn outputs into concrete, actionable business insights.
- Exceptional customer focus and project management skills - able to interact and contract professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience in working or supporting HR organization
- Experience with implementing initiatives or impacting business decisions using data.
- Ability to look at data independently find correlations to provide insights to management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, program management, and cross group collaboration skills
- Strong statistical analysis skills and knowledge of statistical software (for example, SPSS or R), including the application of multivariate models
- Comfort with ambiguous requests from management, and ability to effectively turn them into detailed work plans and contracted deliverables that meet customers’ needs
- Strong attention to detail and high commitment to accuracy and auditing
- Polished presentation skills: building meaningful slides, presenting them effectively to senior level clients and management, responding to questions on-the-fly based on business context and acumen
- Proficiency in PowerBI
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. GitHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.