GitHub prides itself for providing industry-leading support to our Enterprise and Developer customers. The Digital Customer Success team is comprised of engineers and program managers that work to improve the customer experience and reduce support issues by proactively identifying issues in the product, escalating any issues that arise to product and engineering in some situations and in others, build and ship solutions in the GitHub.com and GitHub Enterprise Cloud and GitHub Enterprise Server products. We’re looking for an experienced, empathetic engineer with a strong commitment to supporting our customers. Developing the GitHub Support portal, the Virtual Support Assistant, and additional tooling and ML technologies to guide the customer support experience.
- Work as a team in an asynchronous distributed environment to deliver high quality code.
- Influence architectural design design decisions of our Support and Customer Success products.
- Build tools and integrations that provide a seamless customer support experience.
- Document any tools or integrations you build.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to identify and fix bugs and implement features that reduce customer issues.
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Support teams to advocate for all Customer Success teams and our customers.
- Participate in escalations from the support team and help prioritize fixes with the Engineering teams.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making.
- 5 + years experience in Software Development or equivalent experience
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- A strong sense of empathy for our customers and team supporting them.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience developing web applications, Linux system administration or technical support.
- Experience with Ruby and Go based back end systems, or something similar and a willingness to learn
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Machine Learning and\or Natural Language Processing
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.