GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. The revenue team is looking for a Mid Market Sales Representative to develop, win and grow business in a high growth market segment. The Mid-Market Sales Team plays a pivotal role in driving customer acquisition and expansion to achieve our revenue goals. The ideal candidate will have sales and relationship management experience combined with a passion for learning about the GitHub platform and our competitive advantages and building strong connections with our prospects and customers.
- Own a named account list and develop a territory plan for winning and expanding business across the Mid-Market segment
- Research and understand your customers and prospects to gain insight into their business challenges and GitHub value proposition
- Influence and drive the sales process while managing stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal partners to move deals forward and ensure customer success
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy
- 4+ years sales experience with a track record of success
- Proven ability to learn new technology and products
- Have clear examples of closing deals using a proven sales process
- Effectively uses a repeatable method for uncovering greenfield opportunities and building out a new territory
- Ability to develop and execute account plans spanning multiple business units to drive complex sales cycles
- Previous experience building relationships and selling to C level executives
- A strong team player but still a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Background in the DevOps or DevSecOps market
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to become deeply fluent in GitHub’s technology and the industry
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and build customer trust with empathy
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work-ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.