Do you want to make software development a delight for the entire world? Join us at GitHub! We are delivering the best end to end software development experiences across GitHub and Azure DevOps.
We’re looking for world-class software engineers to join GitHub’s Code to Cloud organization. In this organization, we build solutions that enable engineers to easily package and deploy their software, right alongside their code. Code to Cloud is responsible for the full stack of features and technologies that power Github Actions, GitHub Packages, GitHub Pages, and Azure DevOps. These services enable our millions of customers to follow industry best practices and deploy and maintain their products easily, increasing the impact of software solutions at a global scale.
Code to Cloud is growing fast and is hiring for many different frontend, backend, and full-stack roles across these services, so please reference the qualifications below to determine if any of these roles would be a good fit for you. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as an engineer with a distributed, diverse and passionate team delivering features and improvements to the stack. You’ll work with our team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build and maintain customer-facing experiences and backend solutions to enable high-quality services running at global scale and deliver those experiences into the hands of millions of developers across the world.
- Learn, pair, and participate in code reviews, to grow and contribute to the growth of others in and around your team
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and partner Engineering teams to build new features
- Analyze how your features are performing in production to learn and make the product better
- Support a highly available service used by millions of users on a daily basis
- Participate in on-call rotations for your team and respond to incidents as necessary
- You have a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Solid understanding of testing principles and high quality software
- Excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We are a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- Experience designing, building and running large scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems preferred
- For backend or full-stack, experience with high scale SQL and general database knowledge preferred
- For backend roles, troubleshooting skills across network, caching, queuing, load-balancing storage and distributed services layers preferred
Please note that this application is for GitHub Engineering and you may have the opportunity to be considered for multiple teams.
Ability to meet GitHub, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft, GitHub’s parent company, Cloud Screen upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.