We have an exciting opportunity to join GitHub’s Procurement team as a Contracts Manager.
In this role, the Contracts Manager supports GitHub in skillfully drafting and negotiating a diverse portfolio of agreements to support the diverse needs of the GitHub business.
The position entails working closely with a number of internal teams and external parties.
- Draft, review and negotiate a diverse portfolio of agreements within and outside of GitHub’s workflow system
- Advise and assist internal customers by interpreting and explaining contract terms and conditions of these agreements
- Craft persuasive arguments to influence external parties during negotiations
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with internal GitHub teams and external parties
- Actively contribute to the improvement of Procurement processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain the portfolio of agreement templates and make updates when necessary
- When needed, provide training and education to GitHub staff regarding agreements and processes
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a younger, fast-moving technology company
- Advanced understanding of commercial contract law, particularly with respect to Software as a Service agreements
- Ability to work independently and escalate appropriately
- Experience working remotely
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to review and analyze complex information
- Demonstrated customer service skills in a fast-paced, high-volume, dynamic and intellectually challenging work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment and the ability to conduct negotiations in a timely manner
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited program
- Experience working with Ironclad workflow system
- 5-10 years relevant experience in a younger, fast-moving technology company
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.