GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. We're looking for an Alliance Manager to lead engagement of key global systems integrators (GSIs) and advisory firms, with a focus on business in the Americas. Responsibilities will include working with these partners to develop their overall GTM strategies with GitHub, drive engagement and ultimately grow our mutual businesses through delighting customers. We care about customer success and customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages, and have the ability to recruit, inspire and enable partners to be successful with GitHub.
- Plan and execute regional and global go-to-market strategies with a managed partners
- Build and execute business plans with partners that align with regional and global revenue objectives
- Be a strong advocate of partners and represent their voices with GitHub sales, marketing, partner, product and engineering teams
- Develop and manage senior relationships with partners and facilitate the development of relationships between partners' and the
- GitHub leadership teams
- Prioritize focus and initiatives on key partners and regions based on mutual opportunity
- Meet quota targets for partner sales
Planning, orchestration & program development:
- Coordinate with the Global Channel Program team to develop and execute sales channel programs in the field and manage communication across the regional community
- Provide visibility of progress on initiatives
- Design programs for global scale and execution. Work closely with colleagues in similar roles in other regions to ensure global consistency and accelerate our partners’ success.
- Identify risk and be decisive to ensure any risk is mitigated for business execution.
- Be a disciplined business manager - embrace a culture of accountability and have a mastery of metrics relevant to your business
- Build a solid network at GitHub and within our partner network
- Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales, professional services, channel and marketing teams to demonstrate the value of GitHub and, in turn, help our partners and GitHub sales
- Be a consensus builder inside GitHub and externally to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes
Understand GitHub products and solutions:
- Understand how to enable customers to be successful with our products and services
- Educate our partner community about the value GitHub provides to end customers and the business opportunities for both partners and their customers
Effective communicator and presenter.
- Present strategic ideas to small/large groups and work off script as needed
- Answer questions and challenges in live settings with partners
- Navigate diverse audiences fluidly: executives, business decision makers, technical architects
- 10+ years of successful partner GTM development and sales experience in enterprise software
- Experience with engaging and building alliances
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals and quota
- Proven track record of successful partner recruitment and enablement
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to engage audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Consistent track record of aligning multiple resources to align with customer objectives
- Willingness to travel approximately 20%. Willingness to support the needs of partners in global time zones.
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Selling subscription based licenses
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM
- Experience leveraging the CEB Challenger framework
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.