GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. GitHub is at an exciting growth phase and we're looking for someone to join our team who can help accelerate enablement and integration of GitHub within the Microsoft Customer Success organization. As a Program Manager you will support the development and expansion of our Microsoft Customer Success partnership by focusing on integration, program management, occasional project management, enablement, and operational excellence activities.
As a Program Manager, you will have a breadth of responsibilities which include:
- Relationship Management & Rhythm of Business
- Establish, manage, and support regular meetings to build strong connections between GitHub and Microsoft CSU stakeholders
- Maintain relationships across all of Microsoft's CSU areas to ensure global alignment and discovery of new integration opportunities
- Work with GitHub and Microsoft CSU leadership to identify and align key performance indicators (KPIs), relationship health measures, and joint initiatives
- Understand and report on key metrics that measure the success of MSFT CSU and GH CS integration efforts
- Collaborate with Microsoft readiness stakeholders to ensure GitHub enablement is delivered across multiple Microsoft CSU organizations and teams
- Act as the voice of the CSU integration in internal GH leadership meetings
- Program Management & Project Management
- Manage jointly approved initiatives to help increase GitHub’s awareness within the Microsoft CSU
- Ensure all needed reporting is in place, contributing to data integration projects, gathering requirements for data-related workstreams, and liaising with data analysts at GitHub and Microsoft
- Contribute to, and review enablement materials to ensure information is complete and accurate
- Partner with Product Marketing and Documentation teams to identify and develop joint solutions-based content for use by CS teams
- Create and champion new programs as opportunities present themselves
- As necessary, manage and/or provide thought leadership for joint communications across GitHub and Microsoft CS organizations
- Identify and report on key success stories to field teams
- Strategic Planning
- Act as an “air traffic controller” bringing relevant groups together to drive further integration between GitHub and the MSFT CSU
- Zoom in for the immediate work that needs to be done to drive effective outcomes, while balancing this with the need to zoom out, creating and driving a long range integration strategy to drive scale
- Collaborate with partners in the ATU, STU, and GitHub internal teams for effective cross-team collaboration and seamless integration
- Identify and champion areas for improvement as it relates to enablement, communications, planning, execution, etc.
- 7+ years working in customer success, account management, relationship management, program management, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Microsoft Customer Success with an understanding of the Microsoft customer success and support processes
- Experience driving joint results with partnerships, with a proven ability in execution
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Exceptional team player with a curious mind; eager to collaborate among other internal teams to iterate on existing ideas
- Experience with executive stakeholder management and a strong executive presence
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge or experience in Cloud, DevOps, DevSecOps deployments or CI/CD tools
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.