GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to work across design and engineering to make sure npm continues to be the registry of choice for individual developers as well as organizations.
We expect that you come from a product or technical background and have a deep understanding of how great product experiences are shipped, as well as a passion for developers.
This role can be in Indian time zone or Europe as well and will be permanently remote. Eventually, some travel will be required for team and customer meetings, based on COVID guidelines.
What will you be doing:
- Own the product vision for your area. You will be responsible for specific areas of the
- Represent the customer. You will be the champion and voice of customers in every conversation. You will build direct relationships with customers as well as immersing yourself in customer feedback.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. You will play a critical role creating alignment between npm, Actions, Security and the wider GitHub organization.
- Data driven decision making. Analyze data for trends and potential customer pain points, and use this to prioritize and inform how to improve the product. Go back to the data when needed to answer questions.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your area. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 5+ years of either engineering, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities and define and deliver products.
- You possess strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of working through complex technical problems.
- You have experience working across multiple organizational functions like Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Engineering and Design.
- You have experience with open source projects
Bonus points if:
- You are passionate about working with developer communities
- You are excited about GitHub and the opportunities that lie ahead of us.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.