The Director of Business Value Engineering will lead and develop GitHub’s Business Value Engineering program. The ideal candidate is experienced and passionate about building and developing GitHub's Business Value Model and enjoys working with a wide range of adjacent teams to drive customer opportunities at GitHub.
- Lead, develop and refine GitHub’s value-based selling methodology, including tools, deliverables, and offerings.
- Educate and coach GitHub’s Revenue team on how to implement this methodology successfully into Accounts, Regions, and Verticals
- Directly engage with prospects and customers as an expert on financial value and business impact analysis.
- Work collaboratively with Executives / CXOs etc, to develop Business Value assessments for customers and prospects.
- Collaborate with GitHub Revenue Management, Sales Directors, Solutions Engineers, Product Management, Business Development, and
- Marketing to drive business value initiatives across GitHub.
- Enable GitHub Sellers in value-based selling and the methodology used at GitHub.
- Work in partnership with Sales Leadership and Product Marketing to augment proposals and presentation materials with content targeting
- Executive Economic Buyers
- Continuously innovate GitHub’s selling tools, including ROI calculators, TCO analysis, Values Models, and Business Impact models.
- Workly primarily self-directed and with a growth mindset
- Strong customer-facing skills, executive presence with the ability to build credibility and trust with senior executives andVP/Director/Manager/Analyst levels within customer accounts
- Relevant experience in a Value engineering / Consulting / Pre-sales role
- Project management and multi-tasking skills that require collaboration with both customers as well as internal resources
- Ability to scale and translate best practices into trainable and coachable programs and materials for Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing, Customer Success teams within GitHub
- Experience working with Sales Management and Field Sales
- Enjoys working within a fast-paced environment
- Passion and hunger to win, succeed and strive for excellence
- MBA or advanced degree in finance, economics, or related field strongly preferred
- A willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- Team leadership experience preferred
- Passion for helping organizations improve and modernize their software development processes
- Knowledge of the tools and history in the software development industry
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.