Want to make a difference and unleash your full capabilities? Have a passion for technology and enabling partners to grow their businesses and a desire to delight our mutual customers? GitHub has a great opportunity for you.
GitHub is at an exciting growth phase and we're looking for a highly driven and passionate individual to join our team to help shape and build our GitHub Partner ecosystem. GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together, which has never been so important to their success.
In this role you will bring your passion and technical acumen for DevOps to drive broad and direct technical engagement across our partner types including systems integrators; consultants; service delivery partners and cloud partners. This is a pivotal role in the Global Channel Partner team where you will help drive GitHub growth in collaboration with our sales, channel and business development teams, supporting approaches and solutions with a global reach.
- Build and execute technical partner enablement initiatives and content alongside our Professional Services and Channel Programs team to establish a robust service delivery bench of resources
- Provide GitHub technical mentorship for partner led customer engagements and bids. Feed back any additional requirements and work with the Professional Services team to identify a best course of action
- Assist in the creation of partner SOWs and manage the allocation of work to the appropriate partner resources in the region for customer engagements
- Build, manage evolve focused technical enablement plans for our managed partners. Create and track a calendar of activity, working with our channel programs team on a centralised approach
- Enable targeted partners to be technically proficient at integrating GitHub into their sales motions - with a focus on our most strategic partners. Provide technical support and guidance for their customer engagements and work with the extended sales team in support of a satisfactory resolution
- Build strong connection to Channel Account Managers; Microsoft Partner Development Managers and GitHub Sales teams in region to ensure we build a sales aligned partner ecosystem
- Support Microsoft specific activity and enablement in support of their DevOps partner development strategy, with focus on evolution of partners' modern development and application architecture solutions and offerings
- Help shape and contribute to GitHub’s overall Partner and Channel strategy, focusing on new approaches that have global reach and benefit for the Services & Channel Partner team
- Passionate about partners and how we can grow our mutual businesses
- Expert in developing and enabling partners achieve success through technical excellence
- Strong technical knowledge of GitHub and DevOps arena, and also application security with a background in software engineering would be ideal
- Enterprise software development experience particularly as it pertains to SCM platforms, CI/CD tools, and best practices for enterprise software development
- Cloud architecture experience a preference, in support of development of modern devops cloud solutions with and for partners
- Successful track record of performance with strategic partnerships
- Experience with driving revenue influenced results, with a proven ability in execution
- A blend of business and technical skills with a solid understanding of partner sales motions and got-to-market approaches
- Ideally some experience conducting business internationally
- Good communication skills, verbally and written
- Prior consulting and customer facing experience is desirable.
- Highly motivated self-starter
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.