We’re looking for an innovative and ambitious leader, with a strong background in empowering high performing teams and an ability to get shit done. Reporting to the VP of Corporate Sales, the Senior Director of Integrated Demand Marketing is accountable for creating and executing a scalable marketing strategy to achieve new business and upsell revenue targets. As a key marketing leader in our go-to-market organization, you will be responsible for driving pipeline and consumable revenue growth for the company across all channels, segments and geos. This is a highly visible role in the organization that oversees Demand Generation, Lifecycle Marketing, Content, Digital & Web, Field & Regional Marketing and MOPS.
The Senior Director of Integrated Demand Marketing is an experienced marketing leader with a proven record of building high performing teams in rapid growth environments to deliver both predictable and sustainable results. S/he thrives in a fast paced environment and has a reputation for creating alignment with marketing, sales, customer success, and product. The ideal candidate will have a contagious level of passion for revenue marketing and partnering with Sales and Growth. You are a change agent that is able to identify opportunities in the funnel, put a plan into action, and positively impact the people around you.
What you’ll do
- Lead the Demand Generation, Lifecycle Marketing, Content, Digital & Web, Field & Regional Marketing and MOPS teams
- Set organization strategy, staff for scale and develop the skills and career paths of all team members
- Oversee team that manages full funnel metrics, and ensure that we are providing insights and visibility for the entire marketing org to inform decision making
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length
- Identify gaps in process and work cross-functionally to influence key stakeholders and get support needed to address those gaps
- Have a deep understanding of our ideal customer profile and buyer personas and ensure that all demand programs are well aligned to our target buyers
- Drive continuous performance improvement through the identification, documentation and implementation of demand creation best practices
- Oversee implementation of best practices in database management to increase data integrity and market reach across geographies; support marketing database strategy and data requests
- Oversee the marketing tech stack and ensure that we have the best tools in place to drive process efficiency
- Ability to translate complex data into simple, actionable terms for the sales and marketing teams
- Build and maintain strong relationships with peers in marketing, sales, product, technology and finance organizations
What You Will Have/Be
- 15+ years of experience managing all disciplines of demand generation with an understanding of how to balance strategies across SEO, paid, web, conversion, email, ABM, and more.
- 8+ years leading teams high performing teams
- Proven track-record of success in partnering with Sales for common goals
- Experience selling and/or marketing open source technology, sales leadership experience a big plus
- Experience working closely with an SDR and field sales organization
- A great storyteller internally by reporting on success and learning moments, and externally through targeted campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills with high editorial standards.
- Obsessed with our customer experience and the customer journey. You know how to create programs that work at each stage of the journey to add value, create engagement, and drive action.
- Must be comfortable with a balance of day-to-day execution and high-level strategy across three disciplines with one common goal.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.