The GitHub Trust & Safety team is looking for a full-time team member based in India.
Trust & Safety is a distributed team whose overall mission is to help maintain a safe, welcoming, and productive environment for GitHub’s diverse community of users. The Trust & Safety team investigates reports of abuse, processes content removal requests, and works closely with other internal teams to help develop and maintain GitHub’s user-facing site policies and internal policies and procedures related to user-generated content moderation.
This role requires working one weekend day a week and may include non-standard working hours, including holidays. This role will review content that may be graphic, violent, sexual, or otherwise distressing.
Capably and consistently maintain multiple task queues covering different fields of knowledge.
Investigate and respond to reports of abuse on GitHub.com, including categories such as:
- Malware, cryptocurrency abuse, and other reports of fraudulent activity
- Privacy violations
- Objectionable speech and content such as hate speech and pornography
- Organize and triage the team’s ticket queue periodically on a daily basis
- Review and process requests to remove sensitive data and personal information
- Catalog workflow, log noteworthy events, and apply data to improve procedures
- 2+ years experience in Malware and Malicious Code
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and written communication skills
- Operationally minded, with excellent attention to detail
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to advocate for others
- Interest in user-generated content moderation and the policy behind it
- Self-starter who works well without direct supervision
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and making decisions with incomplete or conflicting information
- Tech-savvy, and have no problem learning and becoming proficient in new tools
- Previous Trust & Safety experience
- Experience with the open source community
- Previous experience as a legal assistant or other law or policy-based profession
- Experience communicating with users/customers
- Experience working remotely
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.