GitHub's IT team is growing! We're looking for someone to join our internal IT department and help employees with their technology and related issues, buying and tracking gear, helping new hires set up laptops, and general desktop support.
This person would prioritize to make things happen, dedicating themselves to supporting their fellow GitHub employees. We want someone who is passionate about IT, self-motivated, and who will find clever ways of helping us work better, together.
If you're comfortable working on a broad set of IT projects, organized with gear and finances, and interested in streamlining our current processes (i.e. working smarter, not harder), read on. If you enjoy working closely with humans, want to level up your networking and security game, and would be excited about building up and owning what internal IT looks like at GitHub this role might be a great match!
This position will be based out of our Raleigh, North Carolina office.
- Triaging issues from employees, and troubleshooting with individuals one-on-one
- Assisting on-boarding of new hires (setting up laptops, provisioning access, answering questions)
- Providing support for services such as video conferencing, remote access, internal products, and mobile technology
- Apple and mobile device management
- Front line for network problems, working with and learning from our network experts
- Managing access to third-party software (e.g. Google Workspace, Azure, etc.)
- Providing remote hands support for security and networking teams
- A/V Support for general troubleshooting, conference rooms and live events
- Purchasing and managing assets (computers, monitors, software licenses, etc)
Qualifications for the role:
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least 2 years of experience supporting a company's IT operation
- Service-oriented mindset and the ability to empathize with a wide range of technical experience
- Experience troubleshooting macOS and Windows machines
- Experience with networked and mobile computing environments
- Exposure to scripting and software development
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Knowledgeable of git and the GitHub workflow (this is how we work)
- Experience with SAML based single sign-on solutions
- Exposure to networking and information security
- Experience with VOIP, phone, and A/V support
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.