GitHub is one of the largest and fastest growing communities of developers, home to leading open source projects as well thousands of new start-up projects every day. As we grow, we are looking to ensure that we provide and maintain a safe, welcoming, and productive environment for our diverse community of users. The Engineering Manager of Trust & Safety will build a team to focus and deliver on many initiatives to meet this goal. This person will lead an engineering team building and improving upon the tools used to detect and moderate abuse, resolve DMCA takedowns, and screen content. Trust & Safety as a field continues to grow, and it is a space that will require thoughtful and innovative engineering solutions.
- Develop a strong team of top engineering talent to focus on tools and changes to our core products to detect, reduce and remove abusive behavior
- Deliver user-friendly tools and efficient automated solutions that continually analyze data and detect potential abuse-indicative trends
- Serve as a great people leader for team including meeting 1-1 with team members on a regular basis, planning and supporting career development, giving guided performance feedback and serving as a coach and mentor
- Foster our vision of encouraging good online citizenship internally and externally
- Prior engineering experience
- Strong grasp of computer science foundations including data structures and algorithms
- Solid understanding of large-scale application development
- Proficiency with data mining technologies and SQL
- Solid understanding of the trust and safety challenges of online spaces
- Ability to promote our mission of trust and safety to the GitHub community
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.