GitHub is a developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Talent Acquisition is a growing team at GitHub that values collaboration and provides a stellar experience for our candidates, hiring managers, and colleagues. We have a growth mindset, are passionate and proactive about solving problems independently and improving the overall candidate experience versus just executing the status quo. We focus on building genuine relationships and trust across GitHub while sourcing, recruiting and hiring top Engineering Talent.
- Lead a team of Talent Coordinators and TA Operations PMs to help support the greater Talent Acquisition team and GitHub.
- Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Bridge the gap between business needs and technical hiring goals for Talent Acquisition.
- Partner with HR, Engineering, Sales and G&A to fulfill full time headcount and contractor requirements.
- Influence strategic decisions around operations related to Talent Acquisition and the business.
- Advocate for our overall team function and necessary process improvements.
- Talent Infrastructure and Technology
- Optimize the use of Greenhouse, our ATS, and any other technology systems- repositories, slack channels, email aliases, Zendesk, and shared drives.
- Code in Markdown to maintain our Internal Jobs and Internal Comms Repositories along with various systems outside of our team (e.g.- Procurement, Site-Design, Entitlements, IT etc).
- Lead all project management and coding efforts for our team’s technical needs.
- Live by a growth mindset, and constantly find ways to improve process and tooling to gain efficiencies.
- Provides operational, infrastructure, and employee support analysis during planning stages of new project proposals in a focus area; presents analysis results and recommendations to facilitate project management; identifies opportunities to improve services and employee experience; evolves service of the operations team and quality of the projects supported.
- Assists the process of requirements gathering for Human Resources (HR) programs; helps identify risks, issues, and barriers in project execution.
- Implements project plans and tracks progress and deliverables; contributes insights in project meetings; communicates with relevant stakeholders/project sponsors/steering committee (e.g., business leaders, HR and Engineering partners) about project status and impacts.
- Proactively identify various Talent Acquisition technology solutions
- Leads the process of gathering and prioritizing tool and process feedback from key operational stakeholders in partnership with program subject matter experts, vendors, and Engineering partners.
- Partner closely with legal and Data Privacy to ensure execution of necessary updates such as GDPR and OFCCP compliance.
- Partner closely with teams outside of Talent Acquisition such as, Finance, Legal, Communications, Procurement, and IT to ensure we are operating effectively as a whole.
- Partner with external vendors to maintain critical systems utilized by Talent Acquisition
- Solution Management
- Manages HR system domains in a focus area as a subject matter expert and monitors system performance, issue prioritization, coordination of system releases, implementation of release management, and readiness for system changes.
- Provides business analysis through system telemetry and provides insights for optimization projects to inform business decisions aimed at reducing costs and improving quality.
- Drives the system production Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by performing analysis, working with Human Resources (HR), Human Resources Business Intelligence, and/or Engineering partners (e.g., HR program partners, Payroll, etc.) to ensure that appropriate monitoring (i.e., data telemetry and systems) and maintenance is in place.
- Creates plans and assigns resources (internal or external) for business User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes, including writing and executing test scenarios and test cases, generating test data, troubleshooting bugs, confirming resolutions, and signing off on the product system readiness for launch.
- Operational Compliance
- Develops business cases; partners with program owners and operations stakeholders for current and future business process documentation to support planning and design stages of new solution development.
- Performs and executes audits and risk assessments; reviews HR compliance risks and trends; makes recommendations to address risks and non-compliance.
- Manages responses to data subject requests (DSRs) by handling escalations and providing guidance on compliance to established guidelines and regulations; partners with operational stakeholders to ensure data stewardship (i.e., documentation, classification and compliance); conducts data privacy reviews.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and monitoring of preventative and detective internal controls and related processes; partners with Corporate Services Engineering (CSE) to understand Information Technology (IT) interface controls and onboard business data validation controls.
- 10+ years of Talent Operations, Talent Technology, and/or Talent related experience specifically in Engineering and Technology.
- Experience in high-growth technology organizations
- Experience with coding languages, Markdown and HTML.
- Knowledge of creative technology solutions that help us scale programs and improve efficiencies is important. Strong systems knowledge in ATS systems (e.g - Greenhouse).
- Proven track record of building and improving operational processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data (and data analysis tools like excel) and communicating data findings, experience establishing, tracking and presenting program metrics.
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to coherently and strategically present information, findings and recommendations in a clear manner.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.