GitHub is seeking a Director, Global Payroll to join our accounting team. This role will lead a payroll team of 3 providing day-to-day support for US and International payroll. The role includes performing all activities necessary to support global payroll and provide insight for 3rd party vendors to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance in multiple countries while documenting and updating procedures and streamlining our systems and processes. Your attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and time management will allow you to stay focused on the business objectives.
A successful candidate will be eager to jump in and get things done but doesn’t get flustered in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- Own and oversee global payroll, including EMEA & APAC
- Lead the team in setting up payroll in new locations as the footprint expands to LATAM
- Work with our local service providers around the globe to coordinate international payroll calculations, compliance, and taxes accurately and timely
- Oversee and process all expatriate payroll operations, including taxes and reporting benefits
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific policies and procedures
- Ensure the team is up to date on applicable payroll and tax compliance pronouncements
- Drive improvements and efficiencies by partnering closely with HR, Stock, Legal and Tax teams to establish best practices for international payroll
- Maximize the effectiveness of technologies and supporting processes to drive continuous improvement and change initiatives
- Lead the international payroll transformation efforts, including automation and building for scale knowledge of business practices across multiple international regions
- Review and approve journal entries and reconciliations in SAP
- 8-10 years of end-to-end payroll processing in a high growth environment
- Experience being an effective leader with management and coaching skills
- Expertise in international payroll processing including payroll compliance
- Experience with international equity awards and ESPP
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven and works well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, able to perform and deliver excellent results under high pressure
- Organized, efficient with the ability to handle multiple tasks and resolve issues effectively
- Own results
- CPP designation preferred, not required
- Experience with Workday preferred, not required
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.