Senior Corporate Communications Specialist
GitHub is looking for a communications expert to join the Corporate Comms team to support our product and developer efforts. This person will support a wide range of existing comms activities, and also have the opportunity to build and manage dedicated programs. The Senior Corporate Communications Specialist will be responsible for proactive storytelling; partnering with the Engineering, Product, Design, Marketing, and Business Development teams to support launches and campaigns; executing event PR programs; and engaging with agencies worldwide. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with key media, experience working with external agencies/partners, and an excitement to be part of a global Communications team that represents GitHub as the home for all developers.
The role is U.S.-remote based. Domestic and international travel may be needed post-COVID.
- 3-4 years of technology Public Relations experience
- Ability to develop strategic plans in partnership with the Communications team and internal stakeholders
- Experience working with technology, business, and trade media to achieve communications goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and project management skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects
- Experience working with PR agencies and contractors
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Familiarity with GitHub and/or engineering-driven initiatives
- Understanding of the software development landscape
- Background in working with open source communities and/or software developers
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.