Github is seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition to lead, inspire and grow our Talent Partner team covering Revenue. You will spearhead the team in its continuing efforts in building a more diverse and inclusive company that is representative of all facets of the communities in which we live and work.
The Director partners closely with the leaders across our Revenue team in addition to peers across GTA, HR and Talent Management. They have responsibility and accountability for the following:
- Manage, lead, and continue to develop the Talent Partner team by working to define career goals and trajectory and align ambitions with company needs
- Inclusive Recruiting: Model and lead the way in inclusive recruiting practices across all stakeholders and drive strategy for and execution of hiring demand.
- Recruiting at Scale: Operate with consistency and focus on continuous improvement (process, tools, programs, etc.) to deliver greater business impact and insights. Effectively collaborate with other teams both within and outside of Global Talent Acquisition in support of our mission.
- Recruiting Capability: Practice and inspire a growth mindset across our function and with hiring partners supporting agility and responsiveness to the dynamic needs of the talent market and our businesses.
- Help to define and refine the interview process as needed ensuring that it speaks to Github’s mission and values
Operate strategically at a global level, lead through ambiguity, translate complex issues into simple impactful plans and effectively work with and through others.
- Strong global partnership abilities, relationship building and influencing business leaders, strategic partners and HR community.
- Ability to use data to generate organization and people insights, and in turn define and influence areas of focus, actions and decisions.
- Demonstrated capabilities in change management, coaching, and the ability to recognize trends and identify systemic approaches to solving problems.
- Demonstrate success by applying fresh, creative thinking and a growth mindset to long-standing, complex challenges/problems resulting in high impact outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in managing HR initiatives in a large, complex, matrixed, and global business environment.
- Experience effectively balancing the needs of the business with the strategies of the company.
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing talent organizations
- 10+ years of full-cycle in-house + agency recruiting experience, ideally in a high volume, high-growth environment
- Global recruiting experience
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proven success, managing and developing recruiting teams to deliver on aggressive hiring goals at scale; you have experience forecasting, setting goals & objectives, analyzing data and measuring recruiting performance to improve effectiveness
- A strong problem-solving track record – you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and decision-making
- Experience with recruiting tools and techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Strong presentation skills, demonstrating the aptitude of communicating clearly and effectively to upper management and all levels across departments
- Experience running executive-level searches
- Experience with utilizing Greenhouse as an ATS
- SaaS experience
- Experience scaling at a startup
- Familiarity with GitHub
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.