Github is seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition to lead, inspire and grow our Technical Talent Partner team. You will spearhead the team in its continuing efforts in building a more diverse and inclusive company that is representative of all facets of the communities in which we live and work.
- Manage, lead, and continue to develop the Tech Talent Partner team by working to define career goals and trajectory and align ambitions with company needs
- Work with the executive team to define hiring goals and empower your team to achieve these goals
- Create and instill best practices within your team to ensure that the process is highly effective
- Help to define and refine the interview process as needed ensuring that it speaks to Github’s mission and values
- Develop both the senior and junior members of your team through ongoing mentor and career development planning
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing talent organizations
- 10+ years of full-cycle in-house + agency recruiting experience, ideally in a high volume, high-growth environment with an emphasis on technical talent
- Global technical recruiting experience
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proven success, managing and developing recruiting teams to deliver on aggressive hiring goals at scale; you have experience forecasting, setting goals & objectives, analyzing data and measuring recruiting performance to improve effectiveness
- A strong problem-solving track record – you’re able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution, and you can toggle effortlessly between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
Strong collaboration and decision-making
- Experience with recruiting tools and techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Strong presentation skills, demonstrating the aptitude of communicating clearly and effectively to upper management and all levels across departments
- Experience running executive-level searches
- Experience with utilizing Greenhouse as an ATS
- SaaS experience
- Experience scaling at a startup
- Familiarity with GitHub
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.