GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a Technical Enablement Specialist to enable the Global Revenue organization with the product knowledge required to position GitHub to prospective customers. A Technical Enablement Specialist is responsible for planning lessons, coaching, and instructing our Revenue teams with product and operational information about GitHub and the Software Development ecosystem so that they know how to convey the true value of GitHub. This role will provide enablement to our Revenue organization at large.
We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and enjoy enabling non-technical, and technical people alike, you might be a fit for this role! The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, competitive advantages and fully aware of major trends in Software Development. They will have technical and product knowledge to communicate the nuances of our products for our most technical field staff.
- Design and deliver training content, presentations, lesson plans, onboarding and demos collaboratively and independently.
- Create simple scripts, apps, and the automation necessary to streamline learning
- Drive advancement in Revenue organization’s ability via initial training and continuing education of their sales skills and knowledge. This includes:
- Leading company and product themed sessions during on-boarding for all new members of the Revenue organization.
- Understanding and promoting the use of GitHub's sales process, internal tools, technology, and selling methodology to improve technical sales productivity.
- Create, maintain, and deliver enablement curriculum to ensure the Revenue organization develops a strong aptitude and becomes fluent in GitHub's technology, integrations, and Software Development trends.
- Act as the liaison between Revenue and other upstream organizations such as Sales Operations, Legal, Business Systems,
- Engineering and Product to develop a consistent feedback loop, identifying areas where Revenue needs additional enablement.
- Build out programs needed to assist in sellers success with POCs and other sales initiatives.
- Documenting the field teams’ needs, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners.
- Participation and involvement as part of Quarterly Business Reviews and Revenue Kickoff events to drive organizational knowledge.
- Work with Field Services leadership to understand organization priorities for enablement and impact
- 3+ years of experience in Sales Enablement, training, or similar roles with exposure to the product life cycle.
- Strong technical abilities including experience with developer tools
- Excellent critical thinking skills that allow you to assess opportunities for process improvement
- Strong business acumen with exemplary communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to enable and lead cross-functional working groups that span both technical and non-technical
- Tenacity to overcome unexpected challenges and roadblocks in pursuit of team goals
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in leading complex enablement rollouts for Sales, Revenue, or Customer Success business functions
- Familiarity with various Sales Methodologies such as The Challenger, MEDDIC, Sandler etc
- Experience with video editing software (Camtasia, Screenflow, etc.)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.