The marketing site team is a group of talented interactive designers, front-end specialists, and engineers who collectively own GitHub’s marketing web pages. Our team has an unparalleled opportunity to change the lives of millions of developers and bring delight to screens around the world. We want developers to love and enterprises to trust our brand. As the most popular developer service of all time, we believe every pixel matters and that people do judge a book by its cover. We also believe the code behind the scenes should be equally as beautiful as the customer facing visuals. Your north star will be bringing our brand to life through code.
- Design, develop, and craft unique and authentic web experiences for github.com
- Bridge the gap between business needs, design, and technical translation
- Partner with leadership across site and design systems to execute on a roadmap that will allow our marketing website to scale effectively and hit business goals
- Influence strategic decisions around our marketing tech stack
- Ruthlessly optimize process and governance to ensure highly performant pages
- Take ownership of the developer voice and be an advocate for GitHub’s story coming to life across various marketing initiatives (including design, content, events, etc)
- Operate with a growth mindset, and constantly find ways to improve process and tooling to gain efficiencies
- An insatiable curiosity. You’re constantly tinkering and learning new technologies that will help push GitHub’s brand vision even further.
- Comfortable using Git and GitHub
- Expert understanding of design fundamentals including typography, layout, and motion
- A drive for keeping up to date with the latest web standards
- Proven ability to prototype complex ideas to validate their feasibility and take a generative approach to problem solving.
- A successful track record of working with designers and engineers. You’ve often been the “glue” binding these functions together.
- Ability to understand broad and complex problems and distill them down into an actionable set of deliverables.
- Skilled communicator both verbally and in writing. At GitHub, we embrace sharing early and often; communication is critical in a remote environment.
- A desire and willingness to not only explore new things, but also to systemize, maintain, and iterate on existing experiences
- Bonus: a fascination for generative design and art
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.