GitHub is the developer company and the home of open source. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
The Technical Program Management (TPM) organization is chartered with managing the launch of new GitHub products and offerings that delight our superfans and accelerate the growth of GitHub.
The TPM partners with the product manager, engineering lead, design lead, and other internal stakeholders to develop and manage a comprehensive program plan including schedule, cross - functional dependencies, risk elements, and communicating status/progress and risks to all the program stakeholders, including the GitHub leadership team.
The TPM is technically adept and well versed in agile project management to engage with the GitHub engineering team while also has business breadth across go-to-market, marketing, sales, support, legal, finance and other functional areas to deliver an exceptional experience for GitHub’s customers.
The TPM has a passion for program management, exceptional leadership skills to be able to mobilize engagement across multiple functions and be able to align all these efforts to deliver a high impact business outcome. In this role, the TPM will be as comfortable offering recommendations across both technical and business domains. The TPM is comfortable making trade-off recommendations that optimize for the overall program success over individual functional success.
The TPM is adept at developing processes and tools to help scale the TPM function at GitHub and drive continuous improvements in the practice. This opportunity is well-suited for an experienced TPM who loves enabling teams to solve complex technical and business problems, has the attention to detail to deliver outstanding experiences for our customers and superfans, works collaboratively across a global organization, and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, completely distributed organization. The TPM should also be comfortable interacting with senior executives across the program partners articulating status, dependencies and navigating discussions towards impactful decisions.
- 12+ years of experience in program/product management managing large, company wide, complex cross-functional programs
- 9+ years of experience in working directly with engineering, product and supporting business teams in launching new products; you are results-oriented and have a track record of shipping and iterating.
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote and globally distributed team and willing to travel as/when needed in support of program goals
- Have a flair for software development projects, can quickly absorb new technologies and proven experience in creating clarity in the midst of complexity; experience in understanding the technical architecture and design of a product/ feature(s)
- Expert level knowledge in agile as well as traditional project management methodologies, with the ability to combine and develop hybrid tools to drive project and team success. You are comfortable using these methods, but also helping others understand how to use them
- Comfortable with modern software engineering techniques like CI/CD, DevOps, and GitHub workflows
- Ability to clearly identify and articulate project status, identify complex blockers, and work with a sense of urgency to mitigate unexpected issues, when they arise
- Demonstrated success in working in a boundaryless manner and delivering results through cross functional, cross organizational collaboration
- Intellectually curious with a passion for learning and development for yourself and others
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.