GitHub is changing the way the world builds and secures software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
Millions of developers and companies use GitHub to build, ship, and maintain their software. The GitHub ecosystem provides the fundamental building blocks for integrating with GitHub, enabling the creation of new developer tools and workflows. With over 65 million users, hundreds of thousands of registered apps and billions of API calls every day, GitHub provides the core infrastructure that binds the open source community together.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the GitHub Ecosystem team. The GitHub Ecosystem is responsible for providing developers, integrators and enterprises with the best developer experience possible to extend and integrate with GitHub. In this role, you’ll help define the vision and product strategy for GitHub extensibility, and collaborate with a diverse team of globally distributed engineers to research, create, and maintain experiences impacting millions of developers worldwide. You will also build deep expertise working with developer tools and services, evangelizing the use of GitHub to make every developer more effective and every piece of software more secure.
What you will be doing:
- Engage with developers, integrators, partners, and customers to identify opportunities to deliver value, and build relationships to better understand how to serve our users.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions and tradeoffs while helping the company think long-term.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Use data to inform decision making. Analyze data for trends and potential customer pain points, and use this to prioritize and inform how to improve the product. Go back to the data when needed to answer questions.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product, and use them to draw actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
- Become an expert on the domain, market, and trends in the space. Evangelize your vision so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 5+ years of engineering, developer evangelism, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities and define and deliver products.
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of working through complex technical problems.
- You care deeply about developer experience.
- You possess strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- You strive to empower others and build an inclusive team.
- People love working with you!
Bonus points if:
- You have previous experience working on developer products, and are up-to-speed with current trends around CLI design, APIs, and developer tooling.
- You have deep experience with complex enterprise software applications.
- You are an expert on building platforms FOR complex software applications.
- You are passionate about GitHub and the opportunities that lie ahead of us.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.