The Manager of Public Sector Solutions Engineering will lead, develop, and mentor our Public Sector Solutions Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building and developing GitHub's technical sales process and working with a wide range of adjacent teams to drive customer opportunities.
- Manage GitHub’s Public Sector Solutions Engineering investments
- Work in close partnership with Public Sector Sales Leadership
- Be an active and respected technical participant and at times “player coach” in customer meetings
- Attract and retain smart Public Sector Solutions Engineers
- Review and document performance of Public Sector Solutions Engineers
- Provide skills and role leadership, mentoring, and training to Public Sector Solutions Engineers
- Work with Product, Engineering and Services to document and communicate customer needs and product feedback
- Participate in Sales Leadership forecast calls and pipeline review calls
- Represent the company at various company events both onsite at GitHub Offices and at times at company events
- Assist with all aspects of the technical sales cycle, including answering technical questions, Request for Proposals, Security Questionnaires and Workshops
- Team leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Solution Engineer or equivalent customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and competitive landscape
- Dedication to delivering a great customer experience
- Effective presentation crafting and delivery
- Creative problem-solving in response to technical, product, and business questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset for accomplishing goals
- Passion for helping organizations improve and modernize their software development processes
- Knowledge of the tools and history in the software development industry
- 2+ years experience in a technical people management role
- Working knowledge of small and mid-market customers
- Previous Software development, Engineering, or Technical Support experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible schedule and ability to work across different time zones
- Willingness to go the extra mile to improve the customer experience
- Self-directed and resourceful with a growth mindset
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.