From open source to DevOps, organizations are looking for new ways to speed up software delivery—but still rely on traditional security tools. GitHub Advanced Security helps teams build safer code faster with the world’s most advanced semantic code analysis engine.
Today, the GitHub Advanced Security Sales team is made up of a highly talented group of Software Security Specialist Sellers that are located around the globe. To continue our growth, while maintaining our high-quality work output, we are hiring a proven operations-minded program manager to formalize our process to drive better efficiency, higher predictability, and lower risks, all to better align with our business needs and improved reporting and transparency.
We’re seeking a candidate that is comfortable working with senior personnel to augment our GitHub Advanced Security Sales team. This role will assist in the planning, delivery, management, evaluation, and reporting of programs supporting internal and external goals and performance metrics, improving our operational efficiency and optimizing the efforts the GitHub Advanced Security Sales team can provide. They will drive strategies to maximize team success and manage initiatives that reach across the entire Sales organization.
This role will help to establish an operational excellence mindset that adds efficiency, and prepares us for ever-more nimble changes in the future. GitHub is preparing for rapid product evolution and intensifying marketplace competition, and this role will be key to our success.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Working with leadership to develop and manage operational and program priorities, timelines, budgets and implementing better business practices.
- Act as a champion for processes and tools as enablers for effective execution, creating a strategic implementation playbook. Putting repeatable, scalable processes in place to ensure team members have trustworthy processes to help them grow skills and knowledge. Sets organization-wide standards and best practices to ensure approach to program management is consistent.
- Driving the GitHub Advanced Security Sales team’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention goals.
- Working specifically with the cross-functional GitHub Advanced Security Sales Go-To-Market teams and helping to manage programs
- Preparing timely and accurate program performance metrics and reports. Proactively monitoring performance, issues, and risks across all programs and supporting the development of remediation plans.
- Build mechanisms to operate and audit programs across multiple locales. Conduct audits to ensure execution quality.
- Creating initiatives to coach employees to optimize their capabilities.
- Taking inventory of, owning, and managing relevant collateral, programs, and initiatives.
- Analyzing, reporting on, and defining programs to improve the security posture of the Field Services organization and our work with data.
- Overseeing initiatives that contribute to the documentation of and improvement of the go-to-market motion for GitHub Advanced Security.
- Being a leading stakeholder in analyzing, defining, designing, orchestrating, and reporting on all programs and initiatives
- Be willing to "roll up sleeves" and operate with limited guidance and in ambiguous situations
- Manage critical decision making, anticipate and mitigate potential risks, explore and implement contingency plans, and ensure cross-functional alignment
- Facilitate communications across the company to ensure transparency of program progress and risks and provide appropriate and timely updates to leadership
- Tracking and ensuring program investments are yielding expected benefits
- Accountability for ensuring accuracy and integrity of the forecast and sequencing the delivery of the programs within the portfolio
- Establishing and enhancing existing processes for creating multi-year strategic and tactical business plans
- Assisting in the design and development of reporting leveraging Salesforce, Business Intelligence platforms and spreadsheets
- 8+ years of experience delivering cross functional programs
- 8+ years of experience in program or project management
- 8+ years of experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable interpreting data
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to present and convey key insights effectively to executive management.
- Ability to engage business leaders in thoughtful debate on issues, plans, and solutions.
- Flexible to changing business priorities and to maintain calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate teams outside of your direct purview.
- High energy and action oriented
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.