GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. We're looking for Customer Success Managers to develop positive customer relationships and continue to grow GitHub’s business. We care about customer success and customer outcomes, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude to deepen our customer relationships, be proactive with addressing issues and concerns, and have a passion for working with others.
In close partnership with GitHub sales professionals, CSMs have a number of key responsibilities to improve our product offering and our customer relationships. The CSM will be expected to help customers achieve their business outcomes related to topics such as software development lifecycle, devops, innersource, code analysis and security, product strategy and enablement. The role involves three essential components:
- Driving Adoption: Many of our customers begin with a set of strategic projects that grow into sizable partnerships. Working with GitHub Sales Professionals, the CSM will:
- Develop strategies to expand engagement and enable adoption
- Build relationships with the key stakeholders & decision makers
- Build initiatives with customers to expand product awareness and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Distill best practices across client base and deliver insights and advice based on those practices
- Support the expansion and renewal opportunities.
- Program Management: Customers typically have complex challenges that require focused management of programs that involve customer and GitHub team members working in partnership together. Working cross-functionally with Professional Services, Support, Product, Sales and Solution Engineering the CSM will:
- Conduct regular customer “health check” meetings
- Identify and manage risks or issues for customer initiatives
- Act as the coordinator or internal GitHub resources for customer initiatives
- Conduct regular business reviews to provide customer and GitHub stakeholders with status, insights and strategic planning
- Voice of the Customer: CSMs will be expected to champion the voice of the customer internally at GitHub. In addition to providing an authoritative view of customer health, Working closely with Product, Marketing, Support and Sales the CSM will:
- Track customer health metrics
- Support executive alignment and engagement with customers
- Connect customer feedback to Product & Marketing
- Develop customer superfans to help evangelize within customer organizations and externally with other GitHub customers.
- 5-7 years program management, technical account management, or professional services consulting experience that includes customer-facing responsibilities
- Experience helping customers with software development practices, devops, CI/CD, or open source development practices
- Passion for continually improving the customer experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Business Level English & Fluent/Native in Japanese
- Experience with executive stakeholder management and a strong executive presence
- Ability to travel approximately 25% when it is safe to do so
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in the software development domain
- Knowledge or experience in DevOps, DevSecOps deployments or CI/CD tools
- Collaborative and team-focused, with a willingness to take initiative
- Self-directed and resourceful
- Preferred: Experience working in the software development application software security or CI/CD domains
- Preferred: Experience guiding enterprise organizations through transformational change in technical domains.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.