GitHub is looking for a seasoned Presentation Designer to partner with company leadership in the conceptualization, design, and development of internal and external presentations, including developing or refining the story arc and creating iconography, illustration, and layout. This role serves as a key ambassador for the GitHub brand that is known and loved by developers around the world.
As a Presentation Designer at GitHub, you’ll work directly with company spokespeople to creatively translate internal narratives into clear, compelling, and visually interesting presentations. You’re passionate about setting the bar high and maintaining excellence in all aspects of your work, from communication to production. You have a breadth of understanding about business marketing collateral creation, graphic design, design systems, and translating complex messaging and stories into elegant and easy-to-understand visuals.
Our ideal applicant is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and, above all, proactive. We look for Presentation Designers with excellent communication skills, an ability to stay nimble and responsive to ever-evolving requests, respect for confidentiality of highly sensitive information, an understanding of creative methods and thinking, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and strong project management skills to ensure projects ship as planned.
The role is US-remote based. Some domestic and international travel may be needed post-COVID (less than 10% annually).
- Partner with stakeholders and design leads to understand goals and target audience and establish a vision and visual strategy for impactful stories
- Develop patterns, illustrations, iconography, infographics and other graphic assets to create visually compelling decks and brand internal programs
- Use, contribute to, and evolve GitHub's design system and brand guidelines to create and ensure consistency across our company presentations from company All Hands, executive keynote presentations, and sales and product decks.
- Ensure compelling design production under tight timelines.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with members of cross-functional teams including Communications, Marketing, HR, and Design to contribute to the creation of concepts through active participation in brainstorms and be able articulate your design choices and rationale.
- Ability to be on-site for major company events to ensure presentations run smoothly, sometimes with last minute changes.
- Proven experience developing brand presentation systems
- A portfolio that demonstrates masterful understanding and application of layout, color, typography, and use of animations and transitions
- A strong body of presentation work that tells a compelling and consistent story about a product, business, or initiative
- Strong visual storytelling capability, both narrative flow recommendations and ability to maximize visuals in several channels
- Ability to work in an autonomous, remote-friendly environment where communication and collaboration are frequently asynchronous and in writing.
- Experience in fast-paced environments and an ability to estimate, balance, adhere to and manage one’s own timelines, milestones, and deadlines.
- Mastery of Keynote, Google Slides, and PowerPoint as storytelling design tools to delight and inspire.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- Design degree is not required, but is a plus (so is the equivalent demonstration of design experience and aptitude).
- Ability to quickly adopt and understand new technology and tools.
- Desire to help other team members grow.
- Ability to share and receive feedback on design direction, as well as learn from teammates and stakeholders.
- General understanding of GitHub’s industry and business context is a plus.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.