As the world’s largest social coding platform, a home for Open Source development, and a core tool in the DevOps toolkit of many Fortune 500 companies, GitHub has some of the world’s most interesting data.
Our mission is to unlock the data to both improve the productivity of software development teams and secure their software. We aim to provide a deep understanding of the development process at every level surfacing ways to measure their productivity as well as explore their usage of tools in a data informed manner and take positive action. We’re building tools that make it easy to find, fix and prevent security vulnerabilities, and are deploying them to millions of developers. This is also the place to look at the data from GitHub’s own development processes and services to make them the best and reliable service on the planet. Our products include GitHub’s Insights, dependency graph, secret scanning, and code scanning capabilities.
- Work with the team to understand technical constraints, and develop, communicate, and track against realistic plans to consistently ship products, features, and bug fixes
- Coordinate with engineering, product and design leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- Work with the team to build architecturally consistent, high quality software to reliably meet customer needs and exceed their expectations
- Support a highly available service used by millions of users on a daily basis
- Own and advocate for the health and quality of the systems that the team builds, participate in an on-call rotation, and respond to incidents as necessary
- Help cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Help ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers through mentorship, pairing, and delegating work that helps them grow
- Drive data driven improvements to both product quality and engineering efficiency
- Build a high performing team of engineers by participating in hiring and sourcing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 8 + years experience developing web applications or large scale systems
- Experience in driving results and delivering products through a team
- Experience in building, retaining and growing a strong high performing team
- Experience designing, building and scaling distributed systems
- Experience with maintaining production systems including: monitoring, observability and diagnosing problems
- Strong customer focus and data-driven approach
- Experience effectively contributing to technical strategy and roadmaps
- Have managed a distributed team
- Experience with Git, GitHub, APIs, Data Pipelines and SQL.
- Experience in Ruby, Go or C# (.NET core) is a plus.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.