GitHub Sponsors is changing the economics of open source software. We’re on a mission to create a diverse and supportive ecosystem that empowers people to pursue sustainable careers in open source. Since launching our Beta in 2019, we’ve scaled to funnel millions of dollars from individual and corporate Sponsors to the open source communities they depend on – and we’re just getting started.
About the role
You’ll drive the vision, strategy, and execution for GitHub Sponsors. This is an opportunity to shape the future of open source and influence the world’s software supply chain. This role requires a unique blend of strategic thinking, economics, business development, storytelling, community building, and attention to detail.
- Define the vision for GitHub Sponsors and identify the concrete steps to execute it.
- Build a deep understanding of our users needs, behaviors, and motivations – from open source maintainers to corporate sponsors.
- Collaborate with design and engineering to build compelling experiences, and work with marketing, operations, compliance, support, and business development to bring new products to market.
- Use data to inform the team’s decisions around what we build and why.
- Measure success and communicate progress across the organization.
- Become an expert in the domain, market, trends, and history in order to establish GitHub’s role in the creator landscape.
- Work with project stakeholders and marketing teams to shape launches for new customer value.
You may be a fit if:
- You’re passionate about open source software, online communities, and/or creator economics.
- You have significant experience shipping products users love.
- You’re a strategic and analytical thinker, able to consider the long-term effects of your actions, and able to make decisions with rigor and nuance.
- You’re an inspiring communicator, in writing and in person, whether you’re talking to our users, a business partner, or the CEO.
- You’re skilled at translating customer feedback into actionable priorities.
- You’re biased towards action, and you roll up your sleeves to get things done when the situation calls for it.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and excel at finding a clear path forward from competing or conflicting inputs.
- You’re comfortable developing product strategy in collaboration with senior stakeholders.
Bonus points if:
- You work on or maintain open source software.
- You’ve scaled and operationalized a financial product or marketplace.
- You have experience with international product expansion, or have worked on a product with legal or financial requirements across different countries.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.