This is an exciting and unique role for a Head of Global Talent Acquisition leader to join GitHub’s HR leadership team. You will be instrumental in creating a clear and compelling multi-year hiring strategy as GitHub embarks on a journey to grow from 2,500 to 5,000+ Hubbers globally. You will be instrumental in building the team and processes that will take us through our next phase of growth.
As part of our global HR team in a remote-first company, we’re focused on finding the right human, regardless of your location.
- Be instrumental in architecting our new 3- 5 year Talent Acquisition transformation plan
- Refine our TA philosophy to create predictable and consistent hiring results that are aligned with hiring managers and leadership goals
- Use your specialized experience to help us revamp the infrastructure and recruiting tools to improve efficiency for the hiring and TA teams alike
- Collaborate with our Hubber Communities of Belonging and Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging leaders to create compelling diversity sourcing strategies that drive successful outcomes
- Identify amazing candidates that believe in GitHub’s goal to be the “home of All Developers” globally, as well as participate in expanding in new countries
- Partner with HRBPs, talent management, people data, and other HR leaders to create a global home for our Hubber community to belong, build and thrive
- Serve as GitHub’s Executive Recruiter and ensure that we’re hiring the strongest, most inclusive leaders in their respective crafts to build the best developer products in the world
- Recruit new talent acquisition members and create an environment for your team to deliver the best work of their careers
- Ensure talent acquisition’s vision for success is aligned with the company’s business goals by being a role model, leader, and collaborative execution partner across all departments, including within G&A functions like operations, finance, and IT
- Champion our employer brand and partner with internal marketing teams to refine our existing recruiting marketing strategy and identify external opportunities to drive brand awareness
- Over 10+ years of recruiting leadership experience and a demonstrated ability to architect best in class talent strategies, along with the insight and flexibility to adapt what has worked in the past to the uniqueness of GitHub’s culture
- Tried and tested specialized talent programs experience, including direct experience with recruiting for the key talent segments of early-in-career, experienced and executive
- Creativity and passion for building global D&I candidate generation strategies programs that are progressive and effective
- Proven excellence and experience when running and growing a globally distributed TA team over 50+ people
- Experience working in a product led growth, environment with an emphasis on high volume engineering and revenue hiring for a global company
- Hands-on experience - you’ve been a recruiter and loved it, you relate to the challenges and thrill of this craft. Also, you’ve scaled talent acquisition functions
- Very high EQ, empathy and self-awareness. It is not about you and accolades … it is about the team, the company, Hubbers, candidates, and customers
- Expertise in an environment subject to various compliance and privacy standards, as well as experience implementing and optimizing recruiting tools (ATS) and operations
- A change agent- you are someone who initiates and implements change, helping others to successfully manage and navigate the change journey
- A critical thinker, your hypotheses are based on facts and data to gain insight, solve problems and create opportunities
- An inspirational person, someone who is capable and driven by creating an environment where your team is able to realize their careers
- A strong partner and coach for hiring managers and executives, able to provide ideas and feedback to improve outcomes
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.