GitHub is changing the way the world builds and secures software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
As GitHub grows its portfolio of services, we look to redefine how we use GitHub internally for our own product development and part of that is ensuring that our systems scale better than O(n) as we bring on more developers. You will be partnering closely with Directors and Engineering Managers across the company to define a vision for how we build an engineer’s paradise to enable our developers to do the best work of their lives.
What you will be doing:
- Own the vision for your area. You will be responsible for specific areas of our internal Developer Lifecycle, and will need to work across the entire company to build the vision for how we build products at GitHub and ensure it aligns with our business goals.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub. We build large systems that span many teams and so we win or lose together.
- Data driven decision making. Analyze data for trends and potential developer pain points, and use this to prioritize and inform how to improve our systems. Go back to the data when needed to answer questions.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your area. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 3-5+ years of engineering, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to bring people together to build large systems.
- You are familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy web and mobile applications.
- You consider yourself a T-shaped engineer or product manager.
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of working through complex technical problems.
- You possess strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- You strive to empower others and build an inclusive team.
Bonus points if:
- You are passionate about developer experiences and CI/CD
- You have experience building and running services in Azure
- You have deep experience with complex enterprise software applications.
- You are an expert on building platforms FOR complex software applications.
- You are passionate about GitHub and the opportunities that lie ahead of us.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.