The Senior Director of Sales Strategy, Compensation and Analytics Customer Operations will focus on driving and operationalizing the Sales strategy, providing thought leadership through designing Sales compensation plans, and creating data analytics for the sales organization. You will be responsible for forecasting, workforce planning, all aspects of sales compensation and partnering with cross functional groups on key business growth initiatives. In addition, the ideal candidate has strong strategic planning and financial acumen, experience in running sales commissions teams, and a deep analytical background.
- Support the VP of Sales Operations and Enablement in defining and executing strategic programs and initiatives in alignment with corporate objectives
- Manage strategy and process for forecasting, pipeline reviews and product/GEO level business reviews
- Lead the Annual Planning process including territory planning, quota planning, workforce management planning, and TAM/productivity analyses
- Provide thought leadership with regards to managing sales compensation programs including plan design through commissions payout.
- Develop and execute innovative strategies to improve internal stakeholder experience, increase revenue generation and reduce operational costs
- Evolve sales reporting and other internal intelligence to drive actionable insight on the sales business, people, and process
- Deliver data insights, reports, and dashboards critical to understanding performance and to drive operational efficiency
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and Finance teams to ensure accurate data definitions, analysis, and reporting
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to drive operational efficiencies across the organization and deploy new capabilities to reach our growth objectives
- Be a key contributor in strategizing and operationalizing our migration to a consumption based business model
- 10+ years experience or more supporting SaaS B2B sales teams in a complex sales environment
- Experience hiring and managing Sales Operations Managers and Individual Contributors
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong understanding of business and technical processes
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with the capability to articulately define issues and data concerns with an eye towards driving to resolution
- Experience with Salesforce a must; experience with Looker/Power BI, Aviso, Callidus are a bonus
- Consumption based revenue model experience a plus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.