GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. With over 36 million users, we are the system of record for global software development for individuals and enterprises alike.
We are looking for an experienced Workplace Operations Manager in San Francisco to oversee a well-stocked & gorgeous 90,000 sq ft office, champion company culture, and proactively remove points of friction in our day-to-day operations. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is passionate about curating culture and having a direct impact in the workplace while shaping the employee experience.
The ideal candidate thrives on multitasking, being meticulously organized, and finding unorthodox solutions to problems. They are comfortable working in an environment that is fast-paced, highly collaborative, and ever-evolving. This person can easily shift gears between independent work and collaborative leadership. They also have a positive can-do attitude with an ear and eye to anticipating needs and a willingness to pitch in.
This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Global Workplace Experience.
- Responsible for day-to-day office operations running smoothly at our 90,000 RSF office in San Francisco, overseeing all building functions.
- Execute and support safe and successful return to office strategy, partnering with the office site ambassador, physical security, managers, programs manager, and leadership.
- Manage the quality of service levels, directing and coordinating maintenance, shipping, janitorial, lunches, snacks, janitorial, hot desking, event services, etc.
- Communicate program and policy information with regular updates to the team and employees.
- Maintain an orderly, safe, and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Establish and enhance strong relationships as building liaison. Lead tours for outside groups and new hires. Develop relationships with landlord, vendors, customers, and across various levels of GitHub.
- Create and manage office policies and procedures. Prioritize culture, safety, sustainability, and wellness.
- Maintain an internal onsite events program (e.g. happy hours, game nights, hackathons, etc.) that delight our employees. Partner with our Programs Manager and teams across GitHub to execute external onsite events that engage our customers.
- Track utilization metrics & operational spend, and make recommendations to improve efficiency while maintaining quality experiences. Prepare and manage an annual budget. Schedule expenditures, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Act as a nurturer of company culture. Handle employee requests with a high degree of customer service and work to ensure our environment is productive, fun, inclusive and stimulating.
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant work experience ideally with a combination of facilities, operations. Event management experience is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EH+S, FDA and other standards and regulations.
- A passion for building communities, making workplaces operate seamlessly, and delivering an amazing customer service experience to employees.
- Excellent attention to detail, great organizational skills, and solid judgment capabilities.
- Proactive team player, self-starter, and leader with proven ability to multitask and prioritize. Must be willing to collaborate with others.
- Equally awesome written and verbal communication skills - you’ll be chatting with people online and off throughout the day.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.