GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for engineers to build our developer platform to support the scale and complexity of the fast-growing portfolio of GitHub experiences. You’ll work with our distributed team of diverse and passionate engineers, designers, and product managers to build a world-class platform designed to support GitHub engineers and integrators as they build the home for all developers. In addition, you’ll be working collaboratively with the team to drive solutions that improve the developer experience while ensuring our product meets the highest standards of operational best practices.
We are hiring for several different roles on the platform team; please reference the qualifications below to determine if any of these roles would be a good fit for you.
- Reading, writing, and reviewing application code, with a focus on writing maintainable code that is easy to understand
- Collaborating with product teams to define and implement new features
- Communicating persuasively with peers to inspire cooperation
- Making well-reasoned decisions that inspire and energize others
- Documenting the systems you help build
- Building scalable and highly available systems that follow operational best practices
- Building observable systems that we can learn from and we can continuously improve
- Working with support to triage and debug support requests
- You have a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years experience with software development
- Experience with Git, OOP, relational databases, and API design
- Knowledge of testing principles
- Knowledge of billing processes and technologies is a huge plus
- Experience with Ruby or Go
Ability to meet GitHub, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft, GitHub’s parent company, Cloud Screen upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.