GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as a full stack engineer with a distributed, diverse & a passionate team delivering features & improvements to our projects. You’ll work with other engineers, designers, security researchers, support technicians & product managers to build & maintain customer-facing experiences & deliver them into the hands of millions of developers across the world.
- You will interact with our community, consumers & contributors, on a daily basis
- You will collaborate closely with internal & external stakeholders to define, design & develop new features that align business objectives with end-user’s wants & needs
- You will be responsible for helping triage & remediate bugs & security vulnerabilities
- 5+ years experience developing large scale projects/applications
- Experience with Git & GitHub
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills both written & verbal
- Experience contributing to, or maintaining, open source projects
- Experience interfacing with RESTful APIs & OAuth Workflows
- Solid understanding of testing best practices & shipping high quality software
- Passion for open source & web standards
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.