GitHub, the home for all developers, is looking for a strategic and collaborative creative leader to join us as a key member of our fast-paced and growing marketing team. You’ll oversee Product Marketing for our Security offerings spanning core supply chain capabilities, GitHub Advanced Security and new products.
In this role, you’ll bring your experience understanding application and platform security to help communicate the unique value and capabilities of GitHub offerings to Enterprise customers. Through partnering with Security Product Leadership and our revenue organization you will define the strategic goals and quarterly OKRs for products and align efforts to drive key results and outcomes. In addition you will own the strategic positioning and messaging for our security products and will act as the subject matter expert for Product Marketing.
As a Product Marketing Director you will report to the Head of Product Marketing. You partner and collaborate with peers across Sales, Product Marketing, Demand Marketing and Global Field Marketing. You will work with Marketing and Sales Ops to define core measurements and understand the efficacy of programs to optimize results over time
Establish GitHub as the leader in developer focused security for the Enterprise
- Build compelling messaging and positioning for GitHub’s growing portfolio of security solutions and implement across all customer facing channels
- Support product adoption goals in new and existing customers with effective customer success informed programs and marketing initiatives
- Inform and influence Product Leadership on decisions related product roadmap and pricing/packaging
- Establish launch strategies and metrics for new products and execute across teams to drive execution
- Scope and lead creation of impactful customer education assets mapped to buying journey
- Develop effective go to market strategy leveraging available and nascent levers including sales teams, professional services, customer and seller incentive programs
- Support customer engagement through creation of effective presentation assets, conversation guides and other supporting materials
- Partner with sales to lead customer conversations and establish effective feedback loops to inform content creation and product direction
- Lead campaign messaging and strategy in partnership with Demand Generation team
- Collaborate with Channel Team to define and build an effective channel activation strategy
- Activate Business Development team to support Security Product goals and enable partners to effectively grow their business with GitHub
- Proven experience in program development and partner engagement programs
- 10+ years of relevant work in technology marketing and business development
- Deep understanding of partner business models and the ability to build aligned programs to drive partner affinity and business growth
- Ability to succeed and embody a growth mindset in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail plus the ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements and opportunities
- Strong familiarity with GitHub: our product and our community
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.