The Git Client team is responsible for tooling to empower all developers to work efficiently with repositories of any size, on all popular development platforms. Today that vision is realized with projects like VFS for Git, Scalar, Git for Windows, and Git Credential Manager Core. The team also contributes meaningful upstream improvements to Git, with global impact.
The Git Systems group is highly distributed and the right candidate will thrive in an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have excellent written communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
Together we create the tools and products that are integral to how people build software. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional, and productive. We hope you are as well.
- Write, review, and maintain code primarily in C# or C
- You will document the systems you help build.
- You will help with code reviews and other collaborative practices to empower the team as a whole.
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests.
- Ability to understand and empathize with customers and our community
- Be curious and an independent learner
- Experience with C (or other non-managed language), or C# (or similar managed language, such as Java)
- Experience with release engineering, CI/CD (such as Travis, CircleCI), using or maintaining robust and automated pipelines
- Solid knowledge of testing principles.
- Experience using command-line interface and scripting.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (particularly as part of a remote team).
- Git, or general source control system knowledge
- Bash/UNIX shell scripting
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.