GitHub Government Goals
- Make GitHub the primary platform for open source, open data, cross-agency collaboration, and open government efforts.
- Increase awareness, usage of, and love for GitHub in the government space
- Educate and inspire government agencies as to the GitHub Way, modern and open-source best practices
- Encourage government agencies to use GitHub to consume, to publish, and to collaborate around the creation of open-source code, data, and text
- Encourage intra-agency, intra-government, and public/private collaboration using GitHub
The Impact You'll Be Making
As a transformational leader, you'll:
- Design GitHub’s Public Sector technology vision both internally and externally – drive a culture of learning, while developing strategies to protect and extend GitHub’s tech engagements with federal and state governments in India
- Inspire Government leaders, regulators and customers on how best to leverage open-source software development and how GitHub is driving innovation in this space.
As a technology thought leader, you'll:
- Build Government’s understanding on effective use of technology, usage of best software development tools and engagement with largest developer network is crucial for success
- Work closely with GitHub Sales, Policy & Engineering teams to develop a Public Sector technology strategy.
- Build an external influencer network to support GitHub India Public Sector strategy
- Champion and build a strong technical community within the Public Sector segment
With your deep customer and market acumen, you'll:
- Be a sought-after role model and spokesperson who drives internal industry expertise and contributes to industry direction externally.
- Be a recognized technical expert in the local regulatory environment and policies that impact GitHub partners, and customers.
As a trust leader, you'll:
- Understand how customers evaluate risks and what's needed to build trust and help them through their transformation.
- Be deeply familiar with GitHub’s products’ and Platform capabilities—and know how to position them to customers and how to train partners.
Who We Are Looking For
Key experiences, skills, and knowledge:
- An effective approach to learning: What, how, when, and the way it shapes personal abilities
- Demonstrated thought leadership in the industry on business analysis/solution architecture/enterprise architecture
- 10-15 years of leadership experience on technical account management in Public Sector
- A deep understanding of the impact of emerging technology and industry trends; how it drives the current worldwide digital transformation in businesses and society
- A good understanding of the technology policy environment and how it impacts customers in their transformation
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build valuable relationships and cultivate sustainable advisory roles
- Competence in public speaking and in presenting complex product solution and strategies in a compelling manner
- Strong credentials on subject matter experience in relevant technology areas, preferably in the Public Sector context
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar information technology-related or engineering discipline required.
- Additional training or education in Business, Sales, Consulting, or Marketing preferred
- Experience in Business Consulting or Consultative Selling is desired
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.