The Authentication team builds and maintains distributed and highly available services that provide secure authentication capabilities for users, services, devices, and applications. We are responsible for maintaining scalable, reliable, and secure services for GitHub authentication. We are building new and exciting services that profoundly impact GitHub's core businesses and require collaboration with product, design, and engineering to build the most secure systems.
Join us if you are excited about designing and delivering features with significant scope and impact.
- Write, review, and maintain production-level code primarily in Ruby and Golang.
- Own and advocate for the health and quality of the systems that the team builds, including participating in on-call rotations and responding to incidents as necessary
- Document architectural decisions, carry out code experiments and build prototypes to learn how we can achieve planetary scale with our systems.
- Coordinate with engineering and product leads to define, prioritize, and task projects that help us meet business objectives.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering and product teams to build new features and improve existing ones.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage others' growth.
- Ability to understand and empathize with internal and external customers and our community.
- 5+ years building web applications in production.
- Strong object-oriented design skills gained from at least 4 years of working with OOP languages and patterns.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Solid understanding of DevOps best practices, including continuous integration & deployment, monitoring, alerting, and metrics.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (particularly as part of a remote team).
- 2+ years experience in Golang.
- Remote work experience.
- Experience building large scale distributed systems.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.