GitHub’s Platform team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with us on the next generation of infrastructure and enterprise services. We believe that building out, maintaining and evolving the infrastructure that runs GitHub and much of the internet is a top priority and helps developers grow and build the world around them. This crosses both the public and private sectors and makes a direct daily impact on millions of developers.
In order to accomplish this, we believe our team needs to continue to evolve and change. We challenge each other each day to be better developers, better teammates and build a better product. While there are many tools in the tool box, we are passionate about Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Culture of Experimentation and Lean Agile as a way of operating. We are extremely supportive of remote, async work and a remote-first-async-first team culture. We strive to live in a world where everyone on the team has an equal voice, is empowered to innovate and can make a big impact.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to design and code new software, services and infrastructure. You will work extensively on building developer services and infrastructure that powers GitHub and is depended on by millions of developers around the world. If you are passionate about software engineering, are excited by constantly learning in an ever-changing environment and market and above all, love to focus on customers and building products they love – we want to hear from you!
- Design, build and validate scalable, high availability services.
- Collaborate with teammates in various roles to plan and execute on key deliverables.
- Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth.
- Build and maintain warm and productive working relationships with your peers and internal teams.
- In the first year you will help deliver and contribute to:
- A focus on the customers and last mile delivery.
- Services and applications to enable the best GitHub Enterprise experiences possible.
- The culture of collaboration.
- A shared understanding of TDD and agile development practices.
- A focus on cloud native development.
- Professional experience designing, developing, and shipping high quality software.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience developing distributed cloud architectures and infrastructure.
- Experience with and passion for agile software development.
- Experience designing, building and operating highly available, highly reliable systems.
- Passion for building customer value.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.