GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a Senior Business Analyst to support analytical rigor, process improvement and sales tool deployments within a quickly growing sales organization. In addition to technical skills, a candidate for this role must exhibit extraordinary attention to detail and project management skills. This is a true Business Analyst role (not a data analyst) who will primarily focus on projects that will help us scale our sales team and operations teams ranging from process improvements to new tool rollouts.
As we continue to grow and scale, this role will work closely with multiple teams across the organization. As a key subject matter expert on our sales process, Finance, Marketing, Legal, Deal Desk, and Product will depend on your insight. GitHub is an exciting place to work and you'll be an important contributor and join a tight-knit environment of technical and business-minded individuals.
- Develop and define processes across our sales cycle (end to end), including process flows and visualizations
- Conduct analysis to identify areas for process optimization and work with Sales Enablement to implement.
- Collaborate with key cross departmental stakeholders to gather business requirements and identify potential impacts to the Sales organization as well as other key upstream and downstream impacts.
- Collaborate with cross departmental teams to effectively drive projects to success: sales entry / exit criteria, process risk mitigation, documentation and enablement, timelines, etc.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and leadership to fellow team members.
- 3 years of hands-on experience working in Business Analyst role with a competency in Salesforce.com, Excel, Lucidchart or Visio, and detailed process documentation.
- Able to work effectively within a distributed enterprise enviroment (our team as well as the stakeholders we support are upwords of 70% remote)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (we write, a LOT)
- Proven experience handling conflicting priorities and personalties
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision-making, process-improvement, strong organizational and analytic skills.
- Ability to independently manage deliverables and expectations across multiple key stakeholders.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in a Business Analyst role supporting speed of sales environments
- Project management training and/or experience preferred.
- Demonstrate a mastery of analyzing complex business problems
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capabilities, we always get the job done, but how can we do it better?
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.